Monday, May 16, 2011

Wizard of Oz performance

In March, we attended a musical production of the Wizard of Oz at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza.

Wizard of Oz
The show was designed for school aged children. Considering they used seven actors to play all the parts (including make-up changes) and move all the scenery, I think they did a good job. We enjoyed the songs and dancing they did, as well as the creative ways they moved the stage pieces around. They were also kind enough to leave the creepy monkeys out of their production. They even included an "expelliarmus" in there to crack Ian and me up.

Bode with the Tin Man and Scarecrow

Bode was the only one I could convince to take a picture with some of the cast members after the show. The other boys felt they were "too big." Ahh well, I guess my big boys are growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment