Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When Mom's sick...

Since I don't really get "sick days" as a homeschooling mom, I've decided to at least take a modified day. I've been sick this week, and today was the first day that we didn't have to be anywhere. I'm lucky enough that my kids are old enough to let me sleep in a bit so that was a nice start to the day. Ian and Cole did their math today, so at least I feel like we can check something off the list. But after that I lacked the motivation to follow through on any other schoolwork. Thank goodness for Legos. Legos kept my kids very occupied today - for literally hours. I may not always love Legos (like when I step on a piece while walking around barefoot or accidentally vacuum up a piece), but today they were a blessing.




Today wasn't a complete loss. We also did some housework during my energy spurts. Ian is a great laundry helper. We put away the items from the recent trip we took. Vacuuming, cleaning dishes, and kitchen clean-up also took place. Home economics is also an important part of homeschooling, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment