Friday, May 20, 2011

Books by Mo Willems

The kids and I love Mo Willems' books, especially the Elephant and Piggie books. We haven't read them all, but certainly hope to. They are funny, cute, and great for early readers. The pictures in the books are simple yet very entertaining. The kids like to read them over and over. While they are geared toward preschoolers and early readers, all of my boys love them, from age 4 to age 11 (as do I but I won't reveal my age, lol).

The first one we read was There is a Bird on Your Head!, and it is still our favorite. The kids were cracking up the entire time. What's not funny about a bird on someone's head and what happens next?

 

We also enjoyed I Love My New Toy! The kids were able to see themselves in the characters - laughing at the charecters and learning about themselves at the same time.

 

The Pigeon books are great as well. They are funny and have good lessons. The first we read was The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! The way he describes his hot dog is hilarious, but will he share?


There are many more books by Mo Willems. If you have a silly sense of humor, you and your kids will love them, too. Click on the books to direct you to Amazon, or check out your local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment