Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Basketball - Family Style

It is always nice to get out as a family and try your hand at different things. My husband loves to play basketball, though he doesn't play as much as he did in college. Our kids like to shoot the ball around, but have never played formally. I am not great at basketball, and I shoot the ball like I'm throwing-in a soccer ball (which is what I grew up playing). This creates the perfect opportunity to play some basketball together with the expectation of having fun.

I highly encourage you to get out of your comfort zone and play different sports and games as a family (even if you end up getting hit in the head with the ball like I did, lol). The bonding time is worth it. As a homeschooling mom, I'm involved in a lot more things with the kids than dad is, so it is particularly important that dad be involved in what we're doing. It especially encourages him when we do something that he likes to do (like basketball). Here are some photos of us having fun playing basketball as a family (sans me - I was playing too, but didn't photograph myself):






No comments:

Post a Comment