Friday, June 3, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal, June 3


I've decided to try out some weekly journaling with Homeschool Mother's Journal. We will still be doing some schooling over the summer, but since it will be a lighter load, I thought this would be a good time to try this out.

In my life this week…

We are finishing off the last days of the official school year, which my kids are thrilled about. It defintely feels like we're winding down, because we got home from a road trip a week ago and I feel like summer break should have started already.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

My generous parents offered to take the kids for the weekend so hubbie and I could have a weekend to ourselves. For those of you who don't know, hubbie works during the week while I homeschool. Then I work on the weekends while he and the boys have male-bonding time. We go to church on the weekends together and still have our evenings, but a long-weekend together is a rarity. Today we went to the spa for facials (my first time) and massages, thanks to my parents. We're very grateful.

My favorite thing this week was…

my facial :)

What’s working/not working for us…

Well, this was Bode's last week of preschool. He attended two mornings of preschool this year. We debated on sending him again next year (he's 4), but after much thought, prayer, waivering, and procrastinating, we've decided to skip it next year and save the money for our next educational family trip. This summer will give me time to organize a plan for the next school year to meet all the boys' needs.

Things I’m working on…

With the school year winding down, I'm ready to clean, purge, and organize the house. I unintentionally got a jump start this week on cleaning out and organizing the boys' playroom. It may have distracted me from what I was supposed to be doing, but it has inspired me to keep going.

Books I’m reading…

I recently finished Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. I've never read anything by Mr. Bradbury, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I think it will be a good book for my boys to read as they get a little older. I'm currently reading The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan, along with my 11-year-old son. We're trying to see who will finish it first. Then we'll discuss it afterwards. He loves Rick Riordan books, so this is a fun way for us to bond. The book has a ton of Egyptology in it, so it is educational and entertaining.

A photo to share…

Bode eating blue snow cones at his preschool party.

No comments:

Post a Comment