Monday, June 13, 2011

Garden Project - Week 2

Well, we started strong and then slowed down last week. The challenge we found was that our trash can for yard clippings filled up quickly. The good part is that we pulled out a bunch of grass and weeds. The bad part is that by day three we didn't have anywhere else to put stuff. I guess we can bag up extra clippings, but since the city won't pick up the bags, we'll be slowly getting rid of them. But progress is progress, so I am thankful for that.

Ian was my best helper. Cole and Bode goofed around but weren't that helpful. Maybe I'll find them better jobs next time. We cleared one whole raised bed full of weeds, and started on the next one. Ian really got into it. Hubbie was also inspired to build us a new gate. The old one was falling apart and was difficult to open and close. I think he did a great job.

Here is how our garden looks at the beginning of this week, and my hubbie's lovely gate:




The trash and yard clippings were picked up today, so I guess it's time to get to work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment