Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal, June 25

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week…

We attended my beautiful cousin Shasta's wedding. I'm older than my cousins on my mom's side, so it was nice to finally see one of them get married. Her new husband, Gabriel, is a Marine and a really sweet guy. It was a special night and I wish them all the best.
      
In our homeschool this week…

VBS was our big thing this week. But I also attended a Used Curriculum Sale and found some neat finds for the kids next year.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This was the kids week of VBS. Many of their friends were there, so it was a fun-filled week. They spent every morning at VBS, then many afternoons with friends. One afternoon we went to a library show about Balloons and played with our friends afterwards. One day we went to a friend's for swimming. And another day was an all afternoon playdate followed with a sleepover at our house. My kids were not lacking in socializing this week.

My favorite thing this week was…

Dancing with my son, Ian, at my cousin's wedding. It was Ian's idea, and even though I'm not a big public dancer, I loved dancing with him. He's such a fun kid. Then he danced with my mom. So cute!

Things I’m working on…

While the kids were at VBS, I had three hours every morning to myself. This was the first year they were all old enough to go. And how did I spend my time? Cleaning and organizing and curriculum shopping. It was nice to be able to organize something and know that in another room of the house no one was making a new mess.

I’m reading…

* The book of Deuteronomy in my Bible
* Finished: Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins
                   Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
* Currently reading: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

I’m grateful for...

My incredible husband. My beautiful boys. My family and friends. My amazing church. My life. My God.

A photo to share…

Our family at my cousin's wedding

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great week! I should have remembered not to volunteer for our own church's VBS, now that you mention that! Now I am thinking how much I could have accomplished here in a few weeks when ours comes around! ;)

    I'm stopping by from the Homeschool Chick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, that's funny. Since the boys were attending VBS at a different church then our own, I guess I didn't feel too bad about not volunteering. I was very grateful for the volunteers, so I'm sure there will be many moms very grateful for your hard work. Too bad you can't get them to run some errands for you, lol :)

    ReplyDelete