Friday, June 17, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal, June 17

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…

This was our first official week of summer. Unfortunately, we started the week with illness in the house. Ian hasn't been feeling well all week. Cole was just sick for a short time, and I had a few problems of my own. Bode and hubbie have been fine. Luckily it hasn't been anything major, but poor Ian doesn't like being sick.

In our homeschool this week…

Since the boys have been under-the-weather, we took it easy this week. But we did start working on a Lizard Lapbook, which is almost finished. Ian loves to catch lizards, so this has been fun.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Cole, Bode, and I volunteered at Children's Hunger Fund this week. We filled bags of food for their Food Paks. It was a great experience in volunteering and serving. The boys had a great time and we look forward to serving there again.

My favorite thing this week was…

I loved taking the boys to serve at CHF. But I also loved going on a date with my hubbie this week. We have a date night co-op with another family, where we alternate weeks of either going on a date or watching each other's kids. This week was our date night. Even though it was just dinner and a movie, it is always nice to have special time with my hubbie.

Things I’m working on…

This is my second week of ABC preschool with Bode. I'm enjoying this time with Bode. He loves "school time," so I want to continue to promote that love of learning in him. This week was "B for Blueberry."

I’m reading…

In addition to reading my Bible, I've been enjoying lots of fun reading this week. Having an upset stomach has been the perfect excuse to sit down and read. This week I read: Divergent by Veronica Roth, Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins, and Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins. Divergent is an exciting dystopian young adult novel. I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. The Gregor books are a series of five books for preteens/independent readers, but I have been thoroughly enjoying them as well. I bought them for my son, but since he hadn't gotten around to them yet, I thought I'd start them. They are full of action, oversized creatures, and Gregor is a great character.

I’m grateful for…

I work on the weekends as a Clinical Dietitian in a hospital, and was complaining about it this weekend. But in reality I'm grateful for my job and financial help it gives us. I have a very flexible job, so I need to always remind myself how lucky I am.

A photo to share…

Bode and Cole in front of all the pretzels we bagged for Children's Hunger Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment