Monday, July 11, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal, July 10

The Homeschool Mother's Journal 


In My Life This Week...

I love IKEA! I bought another bookcase (can one ever have too many books and bookcases?). I have been busy organizing my office/schoolroom. IKEA has these wonderful shelves called EXPEDIT that come in a few sizes. What I love about them is that the shelves are in cubes. My recent purchase is 5 cubes by 5 cubes large. This is perfect for someone like me who likes things to be sorted. I now have shelves sorting my history books into 4 time periods. My science books are sorted into multiple groups. Plus, shelves for art, preschool, resources, and my nutrition/dietetics books. I even have my Bibles and spiritual books sorted. Then we moved the old shelves into the boys' bedroom for all their reading books. I love books!

Surprise of the Week...

My mom found a turtle in the road, so my dad patched him up and gave him to us. So now we have a new pet turtle. I can honestly say I've never thought about having a turtle, so this will be a very educational experience for all of us. The boys are excited. He's a red-eared slider. And we've decided to name him Waldo because we have a really hard time finding him. My parents helped us make a little area for him in our backyard, but he can somehow figure out how to get over the fence. Sneaky little guy.

I'm reading...

In my Bible: the book of Joshua
Read this week: Heist Society by Ally Carter
                           Lament by Maggie Steifvater
                           Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Finishing: Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

A Photo to Share...

Our new turtle, Waldo:

No comments:

Post a Comment