Friday, August 26, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal, Aug 26



In my life this week…

This week we celebrated our middle son Cole's 8th birthday. We had a great time celebrating with his friends. Since I'm not a big party planner, I was able to gather his friends together with a few days notice to have a party for Cole with a movie (Kung Fu Panda 2), pizza, playtime, and cupcakes. It's so exciting to watch the kids grow up.

In our homeschool this week…

We start school in a little over a week, so I'm trying to put the final touches on our school plan. This week I finished organizing our History and Bible/Character plan. I'm looking forward to seeing how the boys do with our new school plan.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Soccer season is underway. Ian and Cole's soccer practices have officially started. Tonight my husband goes in for Bode's team meeting. This will be Bode's first year with AYSO. I love soccer, so this is very exciting. It's also going to be a bit crazy with three soccer team games to balance every Saturday. And my husband will be coaching two of the three teams. Fun Fun Fun!

My favorite thing this week was…

Cole's birthday, of course :)

I’m reading…

In my Bible: the book of 1 Samuel
For Parenting: Mom's Notes
For Fun I finished: Die For Me by Amy Plum
                                Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
                                Supernaturally by Kiersten White

I’m grateful for…

My incredible family, extended family, and friends.

I’m praying for…

We are continuing to pray for my grandmother and father-in-law who are suffering with cancer. We have another friend (only 40 years old) with a recent diagnosis of cancer. And I have a friend in her last trimester of pregnancy whose midwife is expressing some concerns.

A photo to share…

Happy Birthday Cole!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Cole!

    I'll be juggling 3 in soccer starting the 2nd week of September! 11 practices and games each week! And my husband can't do much of the driving. Wonder how I'll get it done? LOL But we enjoy it too!

    Stopping by from THMJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found your link at HSMJ.

    That is a great cupcake cake. Hope you all enjoyed the Birthday Party.

    Martha

    ReplyDelete