Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Reading with my Preschooler

I've been using Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann with my four-year-old (almost five year old). We took a break from it for a few months, but recently my son found it and requests doing the lessons multiple times a day. He is loving it and loving learning how to read.


I know that this book has mixed reviews. I have friends who couldn't stand it and others who liked it. I am one of the people who likes it. It is a simple format, easy lessons, and my son feels a sense of accomplishment.

Reading sentences in Lesson 28

We completed 50% of the book with my oldest son and 80% of the book with my middle son. My youngest seems very motivated, so we'll see if we can actually complete the book. But in any case, he is enjoying himself and enjoying reading, so that makes me a happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment